Names

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindsey123

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Washington
Yup. I basically need a name. I am getting a baby tort and I have a male name picked out. Just need a female name! For a boy we decided Steve or Stanley. Idk why but I really like those names for a male lol

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Personally I have never understood the need for male or female names, they are tortoises they won't care if they have a boy or girl name. Now my russians names were boris (RIP) Natasha (boy) and stohli (girl).

pam

5 Year Member
Minnesota
My female Russians names are Shelly, Big Mama and Natasha :)

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
I have to get to know a pet before I name it. Waldo didn't have a name for about a month, maybe longer. You will figure it out.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Angi said:
I have to get to know a pet before I name it. Waldo didn't have a name for about a month, maybe longer. You will figure it out.
Do you ever go out looking for waldo and say " Where's waldo" and do the neighbors think you are crazy for doing so?

clare n

5 Year Member
Essex uk
I have a cat called Gary that we coaxed in from stray, who then proceeded to drop 6 kittens on us. But is still called Gary. And an African grey called bill who's also a girl... But has a foul mouth for a lady...

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
David-That is how he got his name. And a. my neighbors already think I am crazy, b. I don't care :). Wondering around picking random weeds gets you a reputation of being crazy pretty quick :) Talking to a dog that follows me every where probably doesn't help.

We have some unisex names. Fluffy and Beast are boxies, Smallz is a gecko and Shelby is a CDT.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
clare n said:
I have a cat called Gary that we coaxed in from stray, who then proceeded to drop 6 kittens on us. But is still called Gary.

:D We have one of those, but her name is Jeff. :D While I do try with the animals to give them the correct gender names (especially the dogs and cats) I personally don't care about it, however it does make things more easy for the other folks who may have to work around them if their name is gender correct.

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
I love people names for pets! I have a dog named Carl. :)

Steve and Stanley are great names for torts! I tend to have more fun with male names than female names.
My male tortoise is named Nelson. I also like Leonard. :D

eta: I realize this doesn't help you, haha. I like to wait until I have the pet before I name it, to see what fits. ;)

Lindsey123

5 Year Member
Washington
Thanks guys. Gives me a lot to think about. I just want it to be gender based for my own reasons :) I finally have two names kinda in mind, but I am going to get to know the turtle first before I decide officially. I was just trying to think of names I like that seem like "tortoise" names lol I like Steve, Stanley, Tallulah, and I had one more but I can't recall it at the moment lol

Status
Not open for further replies.