Need help Sexing... Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

viperdrake

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Bayamon, Puerto Rico
Hello guys!

i have a bit of a problem i have 3 redfoot and i have no clue what sex they are for what ive been told i have 2 females and 1 male... the male is called Cobol and the females are Ruby and Perl, but from what ive read about sexing and pics ive seen i think they are all females... sigh. here are the pics

this is perl
rBeJll.jpg

this one is Cobol
qtgzpl.jpg

and this one is Ruby
VU5pNl.jpg

HLogic

5 Year Member
Florida, USA
Welcome to the forum, Viper. They are still too small to definitively sex but I would say the middle pic is the male.

Interesting names they have, as well... Will the first offspring be Ada, Pascal & LISP? :)

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Hard to tell on the first two shots ..... but the last tort 3rd pic is FEMALE!

JD~:)

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Really hard to tell it would help with a few better photos, so I will just say to young to tell for now..

viperdrake

5 Year Member
Bayamon, Puerto Rico
Thx for the welcome and lol u are rigth Hlogic COBOL originally was going to be named pascal but I reserved it just in case I get a chameleon. And thx every one for ur fast replies, i will take some more pics tomorrow after work and post them here, wich part u guys want a close up, tail part only? Anything else?

viperdrake

5 Year Member
Bayamon, Puerto Rico
ok, so here are the close ups (knowing my luck they are all males)

this one is COBOL
KDKzCl.jpg

this one is Perl
NH2lDl.jpg

and this one is Ruby
xAycIl.jpg

and here are all three eating
gzXiVl.jpg

and a Bonus, here is Newton my Leopard Tortoise
KCdYYl.jpg

Geochelone_Carbonaria

10 Year Member!
Southern part of Sweden
Well, now I would say that you have three males, but I don't know what the rest of the "experts" on this forum say ? But with RF's you can never be sure, especially when they're not old enough...

And my apologies, I don't want to criticize in any way, but it looks very dry in their enclosure with those papers on the floor. You should consider to use some substrate on the floor that keeps up the humidity ?

viperdrake

5 Year Member
Bayamon, Puerto Rico
Geochelone_Carbonaria said:
Well, now I would say that you have three males, but I don't know what the rest of the "experts" on this forum say ? But with RF's you can never be sure, especially when they're not old enough...

And my apologies, I don't want to criticize in any way, but it looks very dry in their enclosure with those papers on the floor. You should consider to use some substrate on the floor that keeps up the humidity ?

yeah thanks for the advice but the newspaper is the temporary solution i was using Cypress but ran out of it on monday and havent had a break to buy some more (im on a 24/7 on call programming position blegh )... that enclosure is 3 foot by 4 foot so it takes a lot :)

btw i buy my cypress mulch from Home Depot's garden department cuase i cant seem to find it anywhere else... and i had a question... can i use top soil??? i was thinking of actualli using top soil but if i do, how deep and how often should i change it? (i change the cypress weekly on sundays)

jeffbens0n

5 Year Member
Glenmoore, PA

viperdrake

5 Year Member
Bayamon, Puerto Rico
jum quick question, how can i tell how old are my RF? i bought them all in Petsmart (only place that sells them here in PR ) and they dont sell babies... smallest one there was RUBY

HLogic

5 Year Member
Florida, USA
I would use the cypress mulch. Trying to get a bioactive substrate working with 3 RF's in an area that small will be more than a challenge.

If that is perlite in the Leo's enclosure I would recommend changing it for mulch or some other substrate. The dust created by perlite is very irritating to eyes and respiratory tissues. It is nothing more than glass, not a good thing to be ingesting regularly either...

81SHOVELHEAD

5 Year Member
Galveston TX
looks like 3 males to me also.
But they are 2 young to really tell .
I agree with previous post ,it looks like the middle one could be female?
Mike D.

viperdrake

5 Year Member
Bayamon, Puerto Rico
well it seems as 3 boys until they get older... sigh.. well i guess im missing 1 more turtle and ill have the teenage mutant ninja turtles set? :p

as for Newtons enclosure... its not perlite its actually calcium sand... but i will change it tomorrow to a mix of peatmoss and river sand.. cause i really dont like the white dust thats gathering all over Newton, the bag that it came in said its safe if eaten since it will disolve, but i really dont like it hehe so river sand and peat moss it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.