Nelson is getting big!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
FL
I was in Costa Rica for a week and a friend took care of Nelson.
Now that I'm back he seems so much bigger to me and he's HEAVY!

Taking a dip in his frisbee pool ;)
IMG_0048.jpg

IMG_0051.jpg

Eating...his favorite thing to do :p
IMG_0069.jpg

IMG_0080.jpg

A little shower
IMG_0108.jpg

His first taste of daylily- he's a fan
IMG_2085.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I have to agree with you. He does look quite a bit bigger from the last time you posted pictures of him. He's growing very nicely.

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Nelson is so cute and yes, since the last time we saw his pic, he got bigger :D. I love the idea of the frisbee pool, it looks very nice!

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
He is so gorgeous. You have done a fantastic job with that baby, I can only hope to do half as good when I finally get some.

APBT_Fanatic

5 Year Member
Southern California
Thanks for the idea of the frisbee pool! I have been looking for a good dish for my 3 hatchling's new enclosure, and that's definately a great idea!

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
What's his SCL? Trevor is edging towards 4 inches! Very cute. :) It seems like Nelson gets a lot more humidity than Trevor does...very jealous you have the weather for outdoor time. We're never without rain, warm, day time, and home at the same time here.

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Kate, I just measured him and he is roughly 3.25" I need to get a digital caliper to be more accurate- he wouldn't put his head in his shell so it is somewhere around there- maybe a little bigger (?)
He's also 124 grams.

I haven't had Nelson outside as much as I have wanted to this summer. It's definitely humid around here though!

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Nelson is a camera hog. He is a food hog. He is an attention hog. He is spoiled rotten, and we wouldn't have him any other way. He's a totally charming little piggie with his beefy legs and chubby chins. :D

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Nelson is one of my favorite Russians on this site. I would love for you to take a picture of him with your hand so I can see how big he really is. :D They do love to eat all of the time don't they. :p Did you bring him a souvenir from Costa Rica? :D

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Stephanie Logan said:
Nelson is a camera hog. He is a food hog. He is an attention hog. He is spoiled rotten, and we wouldn't have him any other way. He's a totally charming little piggie with his beefy legs and chubby chins. :D

Your comments always make me smile. His legs are getting pretty beefy! :D

DonaTello said:
The infamous Nelson! Always a delight to see. I too really love the frisbee pool idea, can I steal it from you?

Of course :)

Candy said:
I would love for you to take a picture of him with your hand so I can see how big he really is. :D

IMG_0149.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.