new and need info pleeeeeeease (no poo?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

thea lester

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
New Orleans, LA
Hey! I keep turtles, not tortoises, but I would say it is normal that he wants to eat the limestone, but I don't think it's good. I know your pocketbook is taking a whallop right now what with all the substrate, lighting, thermometers etc... but if you provide some cuttlebone (usually available in the bird section and it's cheap) he'll probably stop eating the limestone, and I think that'd be better.
I also wonder if it was partially the scent of the baby oil causing him to eat less? and therefore poop less? It's just a guess... They have a very good sense of smell.
So Glad you found the Forum! It has helped me a great deal
Thea
PS I super love MtStHelens, I've hiked there a lot...Don't know if that's the same St Helens as yours.

tortoise007

5 Year Member
Phoenix AZ aria
I don't know why any of us didn't tell you to post pics of the rest of your enclosure, but please do!

munchkin2983

5 Year Member
st helens
tortoise007 said:
I don't know why any of us didn't tell you to post pics of the rest of your enclosure, but please do!

Hi everyone here is a pic of austin with his new bedding and my table should be made in a week or so so as soon as he is all settled in there i will update with pictures.
he is sooooooo much happier walking about and eatinf since i changed the bedding. xx

thea lester said:
Hey! I keep turtles, not tortoises, but I would say it is normal that he wants to eat the limestone, but I don't think it's good. I know your pocketbook is taking a whallop right now what with all the substrate, lighting, thermometers etc... but if you provide some cuttlebone (usually available in the bird section and it's cheap) he'll probably stop eating the limestone, and I think that'd be better.
I also wonder if it was partially the scent of the baby oil causing him to eat less? and therefore poop less? It's just a guess... They have a very good sense of smell.
So Glad you found the Forum! It has helped me a great deal
Thea
PS I super love MtStHelens, I've hiked there a lot...Don't know if that's the same St Helens as yours.

hi thank you i have got him a block which is simlar to the cuttlefish but appartently better see pic below. they chew on it when they dont get enough calcium i think.
i live in st helens in england is that where you mean?

xxxxxx

Attachments

• photo (3).JPG
    photo (3).JPG
    1 MB · Views: 39
  • New Image.JPG
    New Image.JPG
    946 KB · Views: 40

thea lester

5 Year Member
New Orleans, LA
No, sadly, I have not yet been to England, meant St Helens that erupted in USA in 1980...ho hum
Can't wait to see your new tortoise table!
Congrats on your Tort,
Thea
P.S. I'm gonna try out that delicious looking green block of minerals etc on my turtles!

munchkin2983

5 Year Member
st helens
Thanks hun oh no defo not my st Helen's lol x my hubby and father in law will have Austins new home built on Monday I'm away with my little girl So I will post pics when I'm back. X

Status
Not open for further replies.