New desert tortoise owner needs help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
Hey Skyler! I too obtained all permits/stickers in person at a CTTC meeting....BUT I believe a couple of times on the forum here I recall someone doing online? And you can obtain a blank permit form from fish and game and complete it then mail it and they supposedly will mail the sticker/permit form.......but I don't have any first hand experience via online nor mail:D. I am sure she can just return it with an "oops" note.

Skyler Nell

5 Year Member
Southern CA
It's kinda funny, I wonder how many people have registered their "Desert Tortoises"? No offense intended to OP, but you'd think they would want proof you actually had a CDT and not a Sulcata. Those two species look pretty similar when they're young.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Skyler Nell said:
It's kinda funny, I wonder how many people have registered their "Desert Tortoises"? No offense intended to OP, but you'd think they would want proof you actually had a CDT and not a Sulcata. Those two species look pretty similar when they're young.
I can only speak for my club but our adoption chairwoman requires visual proof, either a picture, or preferably bringing the animal in, before receiving permits, exactly for the reason you state to not register a non desert tortoise, and believe me we have had people proclaim red ear slides, box turtles and more as "desert tortoises"

Skyler Nell

5 Year Member
Southern CA
dmmj said:
Skyler Nell said:
I can only speak for my club but our adoption chairwoman requires visual proof, either a picture, or preferably bringing the animal in, before receiving permits, exactly for the reason you state to not register a non desert tortoise, and believe me we have had people proclaim red ear slides, box turtles and more as "desert tortoises"

Red eared sliders?!?! Now that's far off! Which chapter do you belong to?

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Skyler Nell said:
dmmj said:
Skyler Nell said:

Red eared sliders?!?! Now that's far off! Which chapter do you belong to?
Foot hill chapter

Status
Not open for further replies.