New enclosure help

Sheldon the russian tortoise

5 Year Member
Im in southern louisiana and wanting to get my russian outside for the summer... Im ready to take on building a new enclosure, i just need some help. I'm not handy AT ALL i thought I would make it out of cinder blocks but if I did so how would I secure a top on... Also we have LOTS if clay and bad drainage any suggestions for that.... Thank you so much for your help, I need itImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1401417339.667052.jpg

lismar79

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ohio USA
I built my first day pen out of cinder blocks and my martha climbed it & almost got away ( supervised only, not totally secure) my second one is 6 foot chain link with cinder block sides & I sectioned off an area to keep her out with metal grate....please see pic of her ninja skills on that one. Moral of the story is I will be buying plywood this weekend to keep her from clibming, will put grate 2 feet in the ground all the way arround for digging & I'm keeping the 6 ft chainlink to keep other animals out with a fence on top as well. I am bringing mine in at nigh. These guys are fantastic escape artist, be prepared :)

Attachments

• rbzlt1.jpg
    rbzlt1.jpg
    686.4 KB · Views: 13

Kirin

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Chino, CA
I'm not handy at all either, but i was surprised that I made this(the lid my boyfriend helped with and he is less handier then me, lol)

yillt

I'm not handy at all either, but i was surprised that I made this(the lid my boyfriend helped with and he is less handier then me, lol)
Is that a hole in your wall. That must be so nice he can go inside as well so you don't have to worry.