New habitat please help

Tharris6915

Location (City and/or State)
Arizona, USA
new home.jpg This is what i have so far and need to make sure it is ok, also i need to know how to get my humidity up in the tank. On my cool side i have a temp of 80 degrees with humidity at 60% and on hot side i have temp of 95 and my humidity is low only around 30/40% how do i get my levels up. I covered most of the tank and just have open spot for the light, i am using mercury vapor bulb 160 watt and have a log for hiding and i know i need to make a better spot with container for him.

Also when you feed them should i have food on hot or cool side? he seems to be eating when i have food on warm side just want to make sure thats right

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Do you wet the substrate? It would be a good idea to add some plants, either real or fake, for shade. How big is the tortoise that lives in there, and what kind is it? Those stick-on-the-wall-of-the-aquarium gauges don't give an accurate reading. You need to know the temp on the floor.

Tharris6915

Arizona, USA
Do you wet the substrate? It would be a good idea to add some plants, either real or fake, for shade. How big is the tortoise that lives in there, and what kind is it? Those stick-on-the-wall-of-the-aquarium gauges don't give an accurate reading. You need to know the temp on the floor.

Tharris6915

Arizona, USA
Yeah I did wet the floor and that made it better so what kind of temp/humidity Guage should I get? It's a baby salcata only few weeks old