New here, any advice is welcome. Thanks!

KTyne

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Chilliwack, BC
Hi there! I agree your tank is wayyyy too small from what I can see in the photos.
I would suggest you go and pick up a large storage tub to house your new Tortoise in for now. :)
This is what I am housing my 4" Cherry Head in currently, and she is going to need an upgrade quite soon. http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/r...-storage-tote-189l-0423656p.html#.VL6TbUfF9Zo
You can find large bins/tubs like that in any hardware store usually, or even Walmart might have them. :)

mmaboi21

Thank you all for the warm welcomes! I agree that it is too small, I'm booking to get something soon so she can be more comfortable. Her name is Shelli. Thanks for the tips! I am holding off on the broccoli; I also need to get a better substrate. I see most everyone uses the cypress mulch which I am in the works of looking. Our local Walmart/lowes/Home Depot don't have 100 percent pure mulch so I'm still hunting. Thanks again for the tips, I will continue to post pics as I add and change things to give shelli the best life!

mmaboi21

Hi Simon, and welcome to the Forum!

I'm just down the road from you in Clovis!! We're practically neighbors - LOL!

Your tank is too small. Pat your substrate down with your hand so it's not so 'fluffy.' Makes it easier for him to walk on it. Is there a hiding place? Broccoli should be fed sparingly.

Here's a link: Tortoise Library

I just added a tunnel for her; now I need to work on getting a bigger tank. :/

Thanks for the link, Clovis is right down the street! Ha