New in Sacramento

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benj

5 Year Member
Hey guys,

I just stumbled on the forum today while I was looking up information on Greek Tortoises. Currently I have just one shelled friend named Henry. He's a RES and is a member of the family. Lately, I have been looking to add to that family and have been interested in adopting a tortoise. Mainly I'm drawn to the smaller species, ie: Russian's and Greeks because I am a college student and my girlfriend and I rent so eventually we will move. Luckily we have a backyard, so we take Henry out to play in the sun when it's warmer. When we got Henry, he had a Respiratory infection and had to give him antibiotic injections, but since then he has been happy and healthy.

I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions in the future, and I thank you in advance for your patience. BTW I'm in Sacramento. Currently he is about a year and a half old.

Thanks,
Ben

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Ben:

28302hrty0pl6gf.gif
to the forum!!

I think you'll enjoy having either a Russian or a Greek. You are probably more likely to find a Russian in a rescue. Contact Felice Rood at

[email protected]

and let her know you are looking to adopt either a Russian or a Greek. She sometimes has turtles and tortoises up for adoption in Sacramento.

terracolson

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Sacramento
Hello Benji!

I myself live in Sacramento and agree with contacting Felice... Her website is www.turtlebunker.com
She may have a male Russian available...I know she doesnt have any more females.

Welcome to the Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.