new indoor enclosure...any thoughts!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camdens tortoise

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Tampa, FL
We are getting our very 1st tortoise (sulcata) next Tuesday and are so excited! Wanted to post some pictures of the enclosure we built for feedback. It is only temporary until hes big enough and we are moving, then he will have an outside home! It is all done with the exception of some plants and the lighting (that will be hung above the slate flat rocks) which we are adding tomorrow. Any thoughts?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Until,you get your baby, which Congrats. Check your temps when you get them up tomorrow and your humidity. The humid hide may not hold enough humidity. If it doesn't, maybe try enclosing the top more on the hide end. Otherwise it looks good to me.

BTW, Toms great threads are at the bottom of my post. If you haven't read them yet, I suggest you do. They all, even the leopard one are great for raising Sullies and leopards.

Camdens tortoise

5 Year Member
Tampa, FL
yeah, that is a concern of ours too. We have more of the pond liner which is what we lined the enclosure with and we had planned to basicaly make a "flap" that hangs down and closes it in more that the tortoise can walk in or out of. (if that all makes sence!) We were just afraid with him being so small that he may not want to walk through it so we thought we would try it without and if it doesnt work then close it in.

Status
Not open for further replies.