thoughts on my temporary enclosure?

oliviachilton

Location (City and/or State)
Louisiana
Hi! So I used to have a 20 gallon tank for my 2-3 month old sulcata tortoise which I quickly learned was not even close to large enough.

So, now I have him in a container that I used to use for my baby ducks that is 2 feet x 4 feet. I know it’s still not anywhere near large enough, but we are trying to build a bigger one.

I want to add more plants into the enclosure, but not too sure which ones to get.

I also just want overall thoughts on this temporary enclosure and if theres anything ya’ll would recommend me to do to the permanent or just to add to the temporary right now :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 19

Golden Greek Tortoise 567

Colorado Springs,CO
Get rid of that clamp lamp, they are known to fail and fall on torts. I would be using a closed chamber to keep humidity in to prevent pyramiding. It’s all explained in this care sheet...

oliviachilton

Louisiana
Get rid of that clamp lamp, they are known to fail and fall on torts. I would be using a closed chamber to keep humidity in to prevent pyramiding. It’s all explained in this care sheet...

Thank you! :) Will try to get that done! But, for the clamp lamp, do you have any other suggestions for lamps and ways to set them upb

Golden Greek Tortoise 567

Colorado Springs,CO
Thank you! :) Will try to get that done! But, for the clamp lamp, do you have any other suggestions for lamps and ways to set them upb
You can build something with pvc pipes over the enclosure, and hang it over that. Most members here hang lamps from wooden boards that are attached to their enclosures. There are 2 boards attached at a 90° angle, and one is attached to the enclosure. Just wrap the cord around it and you can lower and raise the lamp to your wishes.

oliviachilton

Louisiana
You can build something with pvc pipes over the enclosure, and hang it over that. Most members here hang lamps from wooden boards that are attached to their enclosures. There are 2 boards attached at a 90° angle, and one is attached to the enclosure. Just wrap the cord around it and you can lower and raise the lamp to your wishes.

That’s so smart! Would’ve never thought of that! Thank you for the suggestion!