New Outdoor PlayPen

Status
Not open for further replies.

MildredsMommy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
San Antonio, Texas
outdoor.JPGwater area.JPGpeek a boo.JPGcage top.JPGWhile we are in the process of having a carpenter working on a permanent enclosure, I thought Mildred would still like some sunshine. My hubby brought home a 5 ft long stock tank so I thought for right now for a few hours a day it would serve a purpose. Thank goodness I took pics before we put her in-she trampled over everything, took a little swim, and made herself into a little walking mudpie. By the time I brought her back inside she was so tired she went into her hide and dug in and went to sleep :D

Last edited by a moderator:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Looks very nice and I think she truly enjoyed it. One thing, I would make the water dish level with the substrate. Just makes it easier for them

MildredsMommy

5 Year Member
San Antonio, Texas
wellington said:
Looks very nice and I think she truly enjoyed it. One thing, I would make the water dish level with the substrate. Just makes it easier for them

LOL-it actually is, but because it is clear you cant really tell-I had to dig a little hole, put a little rock slab, then the planter bottom, then made it flush-I swear she thinks she is a fish, not a turtle-she LOVES to swim!

MildredsMommy

5 Year Member
San Antonio, Texas
sueb4653 said:
looks great

Thanks Sue! I guess only us (as my husband says) "turtle geek"s can actually see a turtle smile-and I swear she did. (which is a nice change from the stink eye she likes to give me) LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.