New Rescue... CHERRYBOMB!

Status
Not open for further replies.

theamazingphil

5 Year Member
My new girl. Im not sure how she got how she is, but she was dropped off at my shop and i took her home to give her a "forever".

Her name is Cherrybomb and shes 6 or7 years old and has some gnarly pyramiding and a sunken shell... But its not soft at all.

Anyways, i got her a sweet new home 4ftx4ftx2ft and shes now got all her essential needs plus she gets a tonne of attention and hand feedings :p.

And when Cheezepuff gets big enough that he wont get smushed ill be homing them together, and down the road if she gets to lookin better i may try my hand at breedeing some of these guys :).

Anyways, heres pics of Cherrybomb.

cherry3.jpg

cherry2.jpg

cherry.jpg

cherry4.jpg

Cheers
-Phil.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Cherrybomb! What a name. She's much better off with you, Phil. I like your habitat for her. Put a few more "things" in there to provide shade and visual barriers...fake or real plants, etc.

dreadyA

5 Year Member
southern cal.
Congratulations, she it'll live a better life with you.
I concur, more fake hiding plants

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Thank goodness you've taken her in...her shell does not look a lot worse than Taco's...EJ says if the tortoise can walk normally then it's not too late to stave off permanent crippling from MBD...and he says calcium supplementation is important to improve shell health for the remainder of the growth cycle. :cool:

Congratulations and good luck with your beautiful new Cherrybomb. :D

theamazingphil

5 Year Member
Oh she has more plants now. that pic was taken just after I modified the lid for her enclosure.

Ill post some pics of her and Cheezepuff together tommorow. Should be cute, Cherry is almost 8" shell length and Puff is only 3.5" lol.

Cheers
-Phil.

DoctorCosmonaut

10 Year Member!
Oregon
Glad she is in caring hands now. How's the humidity holding up in your new enclosure?

I like your pets' names, very fun! :)

theamazingphil

5 Year Member
Well i havent put the plastic over the top of the enclosure yet but the temp. is holding steady and she has a hide full of moist moss that she likes to hang out in for bits of time. Plus she loves her daily soaks in the tub :)

Cheers
-Phil.

llamas55

5 Year Member
Northfield, MN
wow a sunken shell. sigh. Did they tell the shop anything at all about her former "habitat/jail"?
good for you, You also are "The Bomb" way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.