New To the Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

jvaldes55

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
South Florida
Hello Im a new comer to the Forum, but I have been handling reptiles for about 4 years now. For the last 2 of those 4 I have shown mostly an interest to Torts :tort: then any other reptile. I Currently Have a 2 year old Golden Greek Tortoise named Skrata (greek for poop, cause every time you carry her she poops you on :rolleyes: ) and a 6 month old Pancake Tortoise name Kobe (Swahili for tortoise being that it is the language that they speak where they are found). here are some pictures of them and their enclosures, let me know what you think :D.

This is Kobe basking after her meal. (he is still a bit skittish)

IMG_0620.jpg

This is the enclosure I have him in, I recently added a paper barrier to the glass as to not cause stress.

IMG_0715.jpg

This is Skrata enjoying some greens. (old Picture)

IMG_0255.jpg

This is Skrata's Enclosure. You can see her in the top left of the picture exploring.

IMG_0514.jpg

Thanks for reading and would be happy to get some opinions, tips, and pointers.

Cadance

5 Year Member
jvaldes55 said:
Hello Im a new comer to the Forum, but I have been handling reptiles for about 4 years now. For the last 2 of those 4 I have shown mostly an interest to Torts :tort: then any other reptile. I Currently Have a 2 year old Golden Greek Tortoise named Skrata (greek for poop, cause every time you carry her she poops you on :rolleyes: ) and a 6 month old Pancake Tortoise name Kobe (Swahili for tortoise being that it is the language that they speak where they are found). here are some pictures of them and their enclosures, let me know what you think :D.

This is Kobe basking after her meal. (he is still a bit skittish)

IMG_0620.jpg

This is the enclosure I have him in, I recently added a paper barrier to the glass as to not cause stress.

IMG_0715.jpg

This is Skrata enjoying some greens. (old Picture)

IMG_0255.jpg

This is Skrata's Enclosure. You can see her in the top left of the picture exploring.

IMG_0514.jpg

Thanks for reading and would be happy to get some opinions, tips, and pointers.

Welcome I am new here as well!! :) Your torts are so cute by the way!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi jvaldes55:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

What would you like us to call you?

...and may we know appx. where in the world you are?

Thanks for sharing your pictures with us. The little greek is very pretty.

jvaldes55

5 Year Member
South Florida
Thank you all for the welcomes!! my name is Jorge and I live in Miami, Fl. Great weather and a variety of wildlife.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Jorge welcome! Those are both very beautiful looking animals. Glad you have joined us.

Status
Not open for further replies.