New to this

mscrys88

Yes thank you! Just did it all now lol. Off with the heating pad and covered up the top. I give him one bath every day but I will probably switch to twice a day until he starts looking less dry. Will buy a different bulb tomorrow. I'm a newbie so all this advice is very helpful.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Once a day soaks should be enough. I don't think two will hurt anything, but it shouldn't be necessary.

For night heat (and ambient day time heat too), I like to use a ceramic heating element (CHE) set on a thermostat. This will maintain your ambient temp no lower than where you set the thermostat, day and night. I set mine around 80 for baby sulcatas.

mscrys88

Would I be able to buy that at petsmart or do I need to order it online?

Alaskamike

Location (City and/or State)
South Florida
If you get a spray bottle and fill it with warm water , keep misting him several times a day. I know it seems counter intuitive. But keep him warm and well hydrated. Their shells need this , especially in the first year or more. Toms threads explain all of this the best

Also cover the bottom 1/4 of the glass on the tank so he can't see out. It drives them crazy to see through something but not be able to get through it.

Variety is key in feeding. Not allot of any one thing. You can grow your own food with pasture seeds from a farm store

Babies do hide / sleep allot. But they also need exersise. I let mine walk my lanai daily when sun and temps allow. I feed them & interact with them.
Good luck :)