New Tort table info and help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jessica_Keith

5 Year Member
Hi every,

Were new to the forum. We posted in the welcome forum as well.

This summer I want to make a Tort Table for new Russian Tort we will be getting. I just have a few questions before i start building.

We have 2 possible places were we can put the table.

I was kinda wanting to make a table and put it, under are tv that's wall mounted. Having the tort table look like a entertainment unit from the out side with a lid on it.(this is the thought of a wood worker and before i read through the forums and thought about some potential problems).

I came up with idea mainly to save space in are house and I thought i would look really cool. But we have a surround sound system. Which i"m guessing the Tortoise would not like to much?

Is there a height that should be kept in mind when build a table? for health reasons should I make the table so far off the ground? (we have no other pets nor kids)

After framing the table. I was wanting to line it with a shower Liner membrane. which is used to seal a shower stall. Does anyone see a problem with that? this would just be to seal the bottom so nothing leaked onto the floor. I would be putting a surface over top of this. which the turtle would live on. (Sorry still researching what surface i should use for the tort ie. sand or coir.)

cheers Keith

jareeed2

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Boston
image-4231475957.png

image-13412719.png

Heres a pic of my table ...
6x3 with plexi walls..
I stained it that blueish green color, but im sure itd look nice with a nice wood finished stain that matches the furniture in your room

image-3514582394.png

image-1769523051.png

Status
Not open for further replies.