Tort Table (sealer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isa

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Montreal, QC, Canada
Hello All

I always thought I should seal the wood and then build the table. Someone at my work told me I could build the table and then seal it (when it is built). It would save me time and space if I could do that. But I am not sure if it would be done properly.

Do you have any ideas?

Thanks

Isa

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Iowa
I would seal the boards before assembling, that way you are sure of getting all the surfaces. Useing silicone calking on common edges (where you conect pieces together) would give a tight seal on the enclosure.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Isa, I sealed the wood before I built the table and it worked fine. Then I built another one and sealed it after I built it and it also worked fine. Just take your time when you seal it, and make sure you give it about a week to cure (dry and get rid of fumes). Either would work fine.

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Thanks for the answers.

I will show your answers to my BF. I am sure he will want to build the table and the seal it because this morning he asked me where we are going to put the boards once it sealed (to dry) I did not have any idea because there is a car in our garage so there is not much space and I cant the boards outside since my neighbours car is always in my yard and there are a lot of squirrels and bird, so I dont want them to go on the wood boards. I will let Hermy's table dry in my basement.

Isa

Status
Not open for further replies.