New Tort Table

Status
Not open for further replies.

TortoiseWorld

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Lisle Illinois
Hi,
you did a great job building that enclosure. Just a word of warning, look at the pic here, see how your enclosure is very TOP heavy? I have the same kind of plastic metal leg table you are using to support your big heavy enclosure. That table below is not meant for that kind of size and weight your putting on it. If your enclosure falls to the ground it could be a disaster for your beautiful tortoises.
You need to build a solid structure below, that should be easy for you with your talent.

Best wishes.

View attachment 34489

Last edited by a moderator:

tortoisefanatic

5 Year Member
papayapa said:
Hi,
you did a great job building that enclosure. Just a word of warning, look at the pic here, see how your enclosure is very TOP heavy? I have the same kind of plastic metal leg table you are using to support your big heavy enclosure. That table below is not meant for that kind of size and weight your putting on it. If your enclosure falls to the ground it could be a disaster for your beautiful tortoises.
You need to build a solid structure below, that should be easy for you with your talent.

Best wishes.

I do intend to build a stand for this table one of these days. If anything, to lower the table down a few inches to make it easier for my wife to get to the rear of the table. For now, this is working, but I agree that the load on the plastic table is more than it was designed for. So far, nothing is flexing that I can see, but I agree it is not worth it to take chances. I'm planning to build some snake cages this spring, along with another table for our pancake tortoises, and plan to build stands for those. The lumber store personnel usually smile when I walk in (I'm not sure that is a good thing?).

Status
Not open for further replies.