New Turtle Egg Owner Of A Clutch Of Six!!

Lo McCoy

Location (City and/or State)
Gary Indiana
Hello My Name Is Lo And I'm From Gary Indiana, And I Happen To Have A Clutch Of Six Turtle Eggs That I Have Rescued From A Mud Hole In Memphis Tennessee I've Been Incubating Them For A Month Now And I've Finnally Seen Which I Think Is A Blood Line & Veins In Them!! But For Some Reason I Transfered Them From The Mud To Sand And Put Them In A Transparent Fish Bowl Looking Vase Where Before The Sand They Were Round And Healthy Looking!! Now From What I See Now There Is Still Red Blood In Them And There Slightly Folded And Creased And Dented On The Sides And Bottom Off The Eggs Can Someone Tell Me Will They Still Hatch In A Couple Of Months?? The Temperatures Are Kept At Leastt At 80 To 85 Degrees F.

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
Congratulations. Welcome to the forum. @Tom should be able to help you

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
Denting is normally caused by letting the eggs get too dry. Sand is not a good medium for incubating eggs.

Get some vermiculite and mix it with equal parts of water by weight. For example weigh out 100g of vermiculite and add 100g of water. Put that in a container with a lid to keep in humidity. Then carefully place the eggs, without turning them, burying them about 1/2 way in the moist vermiculite. Keep at 84° or so. The dents should come out if not too bad. The eggs should be OK if the denting is not too progressed.

A picture would help to see if there are any other suggestions we can make.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Sadly you took the eggs that should have been left alone.
Turtles dig holes and pee in them to soften the dirt and to add moisture/humidity.
Please next time leave them alone unless it's an injured turtle that wouldn't survive without human intervention.

Lo McCoy

Gary Indiana
Sadly you took the eggs that should have been left alone.
Turtles dig holes and pee in them to soften the dirt and to add moisture/humidity.
Please next time leave them alone unless it's an injured turtle that wouldn't survive without human intervention.
So When There's A Whole Community Of Geese Storming The Complex That Are Super Ruthless And Predatory Of Course I'm Going To Intervene And Get Them Out Of Dangers Way When The Mother Is Not The Least Bit Of Concerned About The Nestings She Layed Thanks For A Reply Though And Not A Suggestion On How To Help The Existing Situation 🙄

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
So When There's A Whole Community Of Geese Storming The Complex That Are Super Ruthless And Predatory Of Course I'm Going To Intervene And Get Them Out Of Dangers Way When The Mother Is Not The Least Bit Of Concerned About The Nestings She Layed Thanks For A Reply Though And Not A Suggestion On How To Help The Existing Situation 🙄
You're welcome😁.
What I would have suggested was already to late for it. You should have covered them. After all you said they were in a mud hole!
As for what to do now, follow advice Mark gave and get the set up correct!

Lo McCoy

Gary Indiana
Denting is normally caused by letting the eggs get too dry. Sand is not a good medium for incubating eggs.

Get some vermiculite and mix it with equal parts of water by weight. For example weigh out 100g of vermiculite and add 100g of water. Put that in a container with a lid to keep in humidity. Then carefully place the eggs, without turning them, burying them about 1/2 way in the moist vermiculite. Keep at 84° or so. The dents should come out if not too bad. The eggs should be OK if the denting is not too progressed.

A picture would help to see if there are any other suggestions we can make.

You're welcome😁.
What I would have suggested was already to late for it. You should have covered them. After all you said they were in a mud hole!
As for what to do now, follow advice Mark gave and get the set up correct!
Look Here!! You Didn't Read Correctly Or Something I Stated In The Above Text That They Were At First In "Mud" When I Dug Them Out Of The Nest And The Same Mud Was Used Until I Put Them In Sand In A Transparent Vase Bowl And In A Poratable IGLOO Thermal Bag Cooler Where There Is An Aquarium Heater And Water For Heat And Humidity The Temperature Outside Are 80 Plus Degrees And So The Eggs Are Insulated And Heated Naturally And Properly...

Lo McCoy

Gary Indiana
Look Here!! You Didn't Read Correctly Or Something I Stated In The Above Text That They Were At First In "Mud" When I Dug Them Out Of The Nest And The Same Mud Was Used Until I Put Them In Sand In A Transparent Vase Bowl And In A Poratable IGLOO Thermal Bag Cooler Where There Is An Aquarium Heater And Water For Heat And Humidity The Temperature Outside Are 80 Plus Degrees And So The Eggs Are Insulated And Heated Naturally And Properly...
And If Mark Already Gave Me A For Sure Answer Then Why The Side Unjustifiable Comment?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Yes I read exactly what you said. Then I answered your question to follow what Mark had suggested for getting them set up now.

Lo McCoy

Gary Indiana
Yes I read exactly what you said. Then I answered your question to follow what Mark had suggested for getting them set up now.
They Were Already Set Up I've Done Plenty Of Research Videos Readings From YouTube And Google I'm Just Wanting To Know If The Eggs Still Have Life Because Of The Current Conditions " Dents And Slightly Creased Underneath That's The Main Question?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
They Were Already Set Up I've Done Plenty Of Research Videos Readings From YouTube And Google I'm Just Wanting To Know If The Eggs Still Have Life Because Of The Current Conditions " Dents And Slightly Creased Underneath That's The Main Question?
I think you will have to wait and see if they keep advancing.
Whenever I had dented eggs, it was usually the first clutch, laid on top of the ground and they weren't any good, but they were also laid dented.
Seeing yours were laid fine and then dented, they might have a chance.

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
When they fold like that they are no good. A dent can still be OK. A fold causing the point at the end is a bad egg.