newb from china

Status
Not open for further replies.

tin_tin0107

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
i have two leopards ,one juv one hatchling and a sulcata hatchling, right now my torts have watery dropping because all i can find i dry timothy hay, if anybody is in china on this forum maybe can help me find sum mazuri? thanks

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
NJ
There are many other things that you can feed your babies. You can also give them dark leafy greens such as dandelion, escarole, romaine.....Check out the food and diet threads and you will get alot of info including websites you can go to for further ideas.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Wow! China!!! Welcome to the forum. This will probably be an unpopular answer, but I believe you can feed your grass/weed-eating tortoises almost anything you can buy in the produce section of the grocery store. Since all I have growing for my tortoises is Burmuda grass, I do sometimes feed grocery store greens and veggies. It is my opinion, that none of this is harmful to them. I've been told to not feed bell peppers, but I do feed them, also zucchini, yellow crook-neck squash, turnip greens, dandylion greens, cucumber. I think the key to remember is to not feed one item exclusively. Variety is the key. There must be some kinds of lettuces that you can buy that have more nutritional value than iceburg lettuce. I've also heard that you shouldn't feed bok choy, but I do feed it about once a week.

I wonder if someone here in the states can ship you some Mazuri. I have no idea what the freight would cost, but if you can't order it from China, maybe we could ship you some. I'd be willing to. I buy it by the 25lb bag and could send you a couple pounds if you want.

Yvonne

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Welcome to the forum Tin Tin.
Here is the infor regarding Mazuri
Hong Kong Dealers

To order Mazuri products in Hong Kong, please contact the following:

Totoro Supplies
G/F Shop D
Hand Cheong Court