Newbie here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samm507

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK
Hiya, my name is Sam, I'm 18 and I'm from the UK. I have a Horsefield tortoise and his name is Terry (stereotypical, haha). I got him from a garden centre on October 14th 2010 so I'm assuming he was possibly a year old when I got him.
So anyway, just wanted to say hey from me and Terry and to share a picture of the cheeky shell as we'll be looking forward to talking to everybody on here :D

Attachments

• image-4180429156.png
    image-4180429156.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 39

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum, Sam! Terry is a very nice-looking Russian tortoise.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome:) May I suggest a better substrate. Cypress mulch, or plain dirt. The dirt he would probably love so he could burrow in. The pellets you are using are not really good for tortoises. Also, be sure he has a shallow dish of water available to him 24/7. big enough shallow dish that he can get into. He looks good.

colatoise

10 Year Member!
South Carolina
Welcome. Nice looking tort! In use Cyprus mulch and it holds just enough moisture and allows them to burrow.

Samm507

5 Year Member
UK
Thank you everybody. I had never been referred to the cypress mulch before and was always told about the pellets being the best substrate. However, I'm going to get some cypress mulch on order now so that it benefits Terry, so thank you for your suggestions :D He does have a shallow dish of water he can get into. He loves it, I always refresh it and he's in there straight away :p

Lasciels Toy

5 Year Member
Florida
Evening and welcome to the forums. Gotta love the odd ball aquatic tortoises heh

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
Hi and Welcome :)

Samm507

5 Year Member
UK
Thank you everybody! :D

Lasciels Toy said:
Evening and welcome to the forums. Gotta love the odd ball aquatic tortoises heh

Haha, you do. He's what I like to call a tortle :p

Status
Not open for further replies.