Newly expanded enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

ike

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ontario, Canada
I pretty much finished an expansion on Ludwig's (3.5 yo Russian; 4.5" carapace length) table today (still a lot of decor-tweaking to do, though). It was originally 3' x 3' and now is 5' 4" x 3'.

Completely lined with heavy-duty plastic (he shredded the shower curtain I used originally while tunnelling) and bordered with self-adhesive tile or pieces of laminate flooring to cover the tape used to attached the plastic.

The original table is on the left, the new addition on the right, both from bookcase-type things. The trickiest bit was cutting a hole between the two. Here is an overall shot of the new habitat:

newdigs1.jpg

He's in the top LH corner. T-Rex Active UV heat combo lamp on the left, Exo-Terra full spectrum on the right. The right is the "cool" side, and where I'm going to keep all of his little "gardens" (potted edibles and stuff started from seed).

Here it is in the "harp room":

newdigs3.jpg

Cool side (not finished decorating yet; going for that palisade look):

newdigs4.jpg

Warm side, with Ludwig tunnelling (Note: all of the fake plants are well out of his reach; they're really more for human aesthetics than anything else):

newdigs5.jpg

View from warm side back to cool side. Note the archway between the two sides (I have a really cool decorative idea for this!) and one of his flower pot hides in the RH side:

newdigs6.jpg

The finished size is great...lots of nooks and crannies. I should be finished decorating and enriching it within the next couple of days.

BTW - the new addition cost me about $10 CDN. I had most of the stuff lying around the place (I'm a bit of a packrat). Lots of blood, sweat and tears, though, LOL! Really just shelled out for substrate, silk plants and self-adhesive tiles.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Staten Island, New York
What a great enclosure. You are really creative. I love seeing different enclosures and getting new ideas.

Sudhira

5 Year Member
Another great idea...these photos are great and so helpful...lovely, luck tortoises!

Status
Not open for further replies.