No humidity

Status
Not open for further replies.

antoniocormier

5 Year Member
Well my RF's humidifier broke and i won't be able to get a new one until maybe next week....... Would it be okay if he went a few days without high humidity? Im going to mist his terrarium but it won't bring up the humidity that much... just wondering if he will be fine until i can get another one.

theelectraco

5 Year Member
Just try to keep it misted and provide him with a humid hide until you are able to get a new hygrometer

Michael in MO

5 Year Member
antonio_cormier said:
Well my RF's humidifier broke and i won't be able to get a new one until maybe next week....... Would it be okay if he went a few days without high humidity? Im going to mist his terrarium but it won't bring up the humidity that much... just wondering if he will be fine until i can get another one.

something to keep around and that can be used in a pinch..is never used sponges. If I remember correctly you have a screeded top on your enclosure. You could rinse the sponge/sponges several times.. ring them out so they aren't dripping. Then lay them on top of the screen and maybe even cover THAT with plastic wrap/alluminum foil. The biggest thing to remember would be to NEVER put a sponge in with your tort.. I mean if anything looks like a bright flower it's most sponges..

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Man if you have a zoo med humidifier they have a warranty. They will send you the parts to fix it.usually its the small blower fan that goes out. You can try to clean it builds up calcium deposit if you use tap water. If you get a new one use bottle water.Hope that helps save you some cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.