No more worrys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuckster548

10 Year Member!
Hello again,
As a new (less than 1 1/2 year) guardian, I have been real concerned that I have only observed three of my four kids. The weather has been strange here in Phoenix but I have been checking daily. I was having a little problem re-identifying them and I was real concerned that one had not survived his/her first winter outside. I thought I would have to recheck their burrows and I really expected to find one not among the living.
Short story, when they went down in November, their area has a dogloo and two above ground "caves" they only used the dogloo and one of the "caves". When I tried to observe them, I was confused as to if I only saw three burrow in two areas, were they sharing. Apparently so.
About three weeks ago, two of the bigger ones woke up and moved to other areas in their enclosure. I had put a comforter over the dogloo (I know how silly) but one of them decided that he was more comfortable under the blanket as opposed to under a structure. One of the others came out and immediately went to the area where their "logs" were, found a corner and likes it there. One other also found the "log" area and is comfortable under one of the logs. But I was still missing one, the littlest of the group, the one we call Mini-me.
Glory be, yesterday, Mini-me surfaced, ate heartily and then promptly returned to whichever hole she was in.
So, after a very long story, the crux of this message is that all four survived the winter and I cannot tell you all how happy I am.
During the winter, I have expanded their area to almost twice the size, I now need to vegatate the area, remove the borders and let them run.
I know, I know where are the pictures.
I promise to try and get some before and after.
This foum rocks and thanks to you all for the great information found here.
Peace,
The Chuckster:D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Well, you're so very welcome Chuck! Can't wait to see your pictures.

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
So Cal
I worry every year! I'm so happy when spring comes, and they are all happy and well! :)

armandoarturo

5 Year Member
Mexico
Im glad all your babies made it thru the winter! =)
I know how it feels to finally see them again, after a little while.
Dont forget to post the pictures of them and their new improved enclosure :D

Status
Not open for further replies.