No poops during soaking for a while now

Status
Not open for further replies.

photo_phish

5 Year Member
Maybe I'm just being the worry wart Sullie mom but...

Gunther hasn't pooped during his soakings in a while now, probably 2 weeks, when before that he would ALWAYS poop or urinate.

I changed up his bedding to coco fibre and cypress mulch 3 weeks ago, so he went from being used to very very dry with his previous owner to a nice humidity. I have not seen him ingesting his new bedding but I don't get to watch him 24/7. I keep his food in a bowl so he's not eating (most) of his stuff off the dirt. I occasionally find dry poops in his cage, but I feel like I'm not finding enough? He does romp around his cage and tare it up a lot.

he has been getting as of late Hay (orchard and bermuda) every day. And the veggies i have now for him is dandelion greens,collards every other day, and the occasional shredded carrots and a couple mazuri pellets. I gave him a small aloe treat 3 weeks ago and then a couple small pieces of cactus pad every week.

I try to soak him every other day or 3rd day.

Maybe I'm just being too worrisome!? Or maybe ... He's just eating his turds. Haha

Baoh

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Florida
If you find some feces in his cage every now and then, he is still passing waste, so that should ease your mind.

krh11b23

5 Year Member
I had the same problem and my tort had parasites when u do see some poo scoop it up and bring it to a vet. It's cheap to get it checked. It only takes 10 mins and cost about 5 to 10 dollars.

Lilyloveslettuse

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Oregon
I thought when they get big they don't have to poop when they are soaking... Is that true?

Status
Not open for further replies.