No tortoise yet :o)

doglover_35

Hi everyone,

We are just thinking of getting a tortoise and I am mostly here to read up on tortoise care and to decide what would be a good tortoise for us. We are living in an apartment, so it won't be a sulcata for sure. :p We are considering a Greek or a Russian tortoise, since both seem to be relatively hardy and don't get too big. We do have two balconies, so there is the possibility for an outdoor enclosure for the 9 months of summer we get here.

Thanks for adding me to the forum and I'm looking forward to learn a lot about tortoises.

Eva

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello Eva welcome to the TFO from AZ . Well think this over torts are like Lays chips your never happy with one and Russians don't do well in pairs . Good luck with your surch . And have a great tort day :)

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
San Jose CA
Hello Eva and Welcome to the forum. Very good to have you here.

You already getting a piece very valuable advise from Grandpa that Tortoise are contagious or like how Grandpa put it, Like Lays chips. If you thinking Russian Tortoise, you need to have a very large ( at least 4 X 8 enclosure) for just one Russian. Russian really don't go well with pair no matter what sex mix you can have.

You do have lots other choice too, take you time and do a little more study.

This forum is a great place to learn and share. Good to have you here.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Eva, and welcome to the Forum!

lismar79

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
You can always make a two story enclosure if you need more room. I am a big fan of my Russian she is hardy, has a fantastic personality, & is not afraid of anything :)