NORMA, FEMALE ALDABRA

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
SW Forida
This is NORMA, She is about 200 pounds and we purchased her from another zoo. She is our least productive female. She is reclusive, but not shy. When a stranger visits, she heads towards the back or goes into the barn to avoid being bothered. Christi (hopigirl) has spent many of hours one on one with her and can hand feed her. She is very strong and does not care for Mazuri at all, she would rather browse or eat cactus instead.

20fs3u8.jpg

pdrobber

10 Year Member!
I'm enjoying these individual profiles and pictures!

kbaker

5 Year Member
Michigan
ALDABRAMAN said:
She is very strong and does not care for Mazuri at all, she would rather browse or eat cactus instead.

20fs3u8.jpg

I find (even the most healthy appearing tortoises) that if they don't touch Mazuri at all, there is another issue. Sometimes its obvious the animal is not 100% and sometimes its not so obvious. It could be her previous conditions or something internal. Was she quaritined or Vet checked when you got her? She might need a few weeks of extra heat to kick something and when she does, she will eat Mazuri.

She does look great!

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
kbaker said:
ALDABRAMAN said:
She is very strong and does not care for Mazuri at all, she would rather browse or eat cactus instead.

20fs3u8.jpg

I find (even the most healthy appearing tortoises) that if they don't touch Mazuri at all, there is another issue. Sometimes its obvious the animal is not 100% and sometimes its not so obvious. It could be her previous conditions or something internal. Was she quaritined or Vet checked when you got her? She might need a few weeks of extra heat to kick something and when she does, she will eat Mazuri.

She does look great!

kbaker, That is a great point, she has been with me for about 18 (?) years now. WhAt I find very interesting is what Tom had indicated in another thread about Mazuri improving fertility. That blew me Away, because she is our least productive and just does not care for Mazuri during our egg laying season. SHe eats well and alot, just what an interesting combo!

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
They don't even look real to me. I have not seen one in person, but the pictures are amazing.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
That is so amazing that Christi was able to work with her and make her comfortable enough to be hand fed!

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
CtTortoiseMom said:
That is so amazing that Christi was able to work with her and make her comfortable enough to be hand fed!

We spend alot of time and interaction with our group, it does make a difference. The last picture is SKY, she looks alot like NORMA.

29b1v77.jpg

33oh7bo.jpg

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Those last two pictures are FANTASTIC!!! Really shows just how big they are.
They remind me of puppies ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.