Not sure on what to feed my greek tortoise

Dosu

Location (City and/or State)
Kuwait
Hello,
Recently I found a turtle in my basement and you guys have identified it as a greek spur thigh tortoise. Here is the the thread. http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/help-identify-my-tortoise-please-advice-asap.129731/

Basically, couldn't find it's owners so I'm keeping it temporarily. I've got a big metal box with aspen substrate and a 100W powersun mercury vapour lamp as a substitute for the sun.

So right now I've been feeding it rocket and lettuce. He doesn't eat any of the rocket and only eats the lettuce. I've done research and I know it's supposed to eat weeds and flowers but I live in kuwait (a hot desert climate) and I can't find stuff like that here. There is grass on the road which I could feed him but I don't know if it's healthy. Could someone please advise me on what to do? Like what kind of supermarket vegetables can I feed him, is outdoor pavement grass healthy, what kind of very common dried weeds can I feed him and where can I find it, can I feed it dried weeds such has dried hibiscus leaves ect., and how many times should I feed it. Also, is the pet shop turtle plant food good? I am seriously confused and I don't want to deprive the turtle on essential nutrition.

Thanks and if there anything else I should be doing please tell me, I'm new to this.

EDIT: I've also read somethings on hibernating and whatnot. How do I prevent it from hibernating and would it be healthy if i do?

Attachments

• IMG-20151010-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20151010-WA0004.jpg
    507.5 KB · Views: 27