Ohm is doing well

Status
Not open for further replies.

MooingTricycle

5 Year Member
I wish i weighed her the day we brought her home, in just the past few days/week she gains daily, just a couple grams here and there, but its good to know! She chows on her food, hay, greens, flowers, weeds and has nice poops ;) lol. Very active and really lightening up for us every day.

Absolutely in love with her. Shes incredible!

hKnS7.jpg

Neal

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
Looks like she's off to a great start!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I love good news. She looks great! What is the current weight?

I know what you mean about loving them. Sometimes I just sit and watch mine with a big smile on my face. It must look goofy to anyone passing by. :)

MooingTricycle

5 Year Member
Tom said:

I know what you mean about loving them. Sometimes I just sit and watch mine with a big smile on my face. It must look goofy to anyone passing by. :)

She was 62 Grams two days ago, ill probably weigh her tonight. I should make an excel chart to document!!

TortoiseBoy1999

5 Year Member
Palmdale CA
Tom said:

Me too Tom :)

MooingTricycle

5 Year Member
MooingTricycle said:
She was 62 Grams two days ago, ill probably weigh her tonight. I should make an excel chart to document!!

That was also without breakfast and after defecating in her water ;) so "empty" weight. Is there any sort of food, to bodyweight ratio they should be consuming, overall? She is a serious chowhound so if she eats all of her food, i give her a smaller pile before dinnertime.

MooingTricycle

5 Year Member
Also, i totally do the same thing. Just watch her for long periods of time, and talk to her too!!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
MooingTricycle said:
MooingTricycle said:

That was also without breakfast and after defecating in her water ;) so "empty" weight. Is there any sort of food, to bodyweight ratio they should be consuming, overall? She is a serious chowhound so if she eats all of her food, i give her a smaller pile before dinnertime.

If conditions are correct, and I think yours are, I see no reason not to let them graze at will. This is what they would do in the wild when they hatch during the African rainy season. If I ever have a tortoise that is becoming over weight or obese, I will put it on a restricted diet. Other than that unlikely scenario, I let my tortoises graze at will. I tried the restricted, no protein, low calorie, slow growth diet in the past. I am NOT happy with the results.

Status
Not open for further replies.