OMG cat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edna

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Rawlins, Wyoming
If you want a cat then you should definately have one, unless you live with someone who is alergic. They are loads of fun and have such quirky personalities. Thanks for sharing the quick vid!

Mao Senpai

5 Year Member
North Carolina
I'm in the process of it... right now I just moved so I am able to own a cat now. I just need to figure out a way to secure the tortoise tables so the cat doesn't bother them or tip the lamp over and start a fire. I am thinking of getting chicken wire or some kind of metal mesh I can put over the tort tables and around the lamp to secure it. We'll see how it all goes.

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California
Yep cats are great! Lou says "why go around, when you can go over!"
S7305844.jpg

Henry is the cat he is about 16 and puts up with most anything!! Sorry for the messy carpet I was quilting!!

M

Maggie Cummings

Cats are very smart and easily trained. One of my cats likes to sleep under the basking light in one habitat, but if the tortoises wake up and walk around Roxie jumps out right away. Most cats won't bother the tortoises. I have 8 habitats in my house and neither cat bothers any of the tortoises. You can teach the cat to leave the tortoises alone.

TortieLuver

5 Year Member
Arizona
Cute video! Also, cute picture TortyMom with Henry the cat!

Mao Senpai

5 Year Member
North Carolina
maggie3fan said:
Cats are very smart and easily trained. One of my cats likes to sleep under the basking light in one habitat, but if the tortoises wake up and walk around Roxie jumps out right away. Most cats won't bother the tortoises. I have 8 habitats in my house and neither cat bothers any of the tortoises. You can teach the cat to leave the tortoises alone.

That.. is really good to know. I'd figure they would do something similar to what dogs would, scratch them, bite them or something. I need to find a way to secure the lamp though, last thing I want is me going to work, lamp gets knocked over and... a house fire...

Status
Not open for further replies.