One year old Cherry head not pooping regular

Kothy

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Connecticut
Charlie is one year old now and something has changed. First he now like to really climb, He is so large he can't turn back over when he flips, and I recently had to give him a larger hide and he won't go in it at all. Now I can't seem to get him to poop. I soak him twice a day , 30 minutes each once in the morning before breakfast and then at 3Pm . He used to poop about every other day in his morning soak, now it has been a week and no poop. He eats fine and he is gaining weight every week, (small amounts). Any help? I have checked in his pen and I don't see any poop. I have his heat at 84* and his Humidity is 80-90*. He is an enclosed area so his humidify stays regular. His pen is 4 X 4 foot in size. Is this normal, he is a big boy(not sure sex) and is very friendly. But I have to keep checking on him to see that he hasn't flipped.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
A 4x4 enclosure is quite small. If they can't get enough exercise they tend to get a bit bound up.
Get a bigger enclosure and give him a nice long warm soak in the tub so he has lots of room to move around. Soak for an hour.

Kothy

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Connecticut
He finally pooped this morning in his water dish. I was worried , but he did it.

MikeT307

Florida
You can also look into feeding cactus pads. They are good fiber and moist which help with digestion.