Our Soaking / Food Cart

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveTheDadHaileeTheDaughter

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ohio
Hi everyone, wanted to show ya all our latest project we finished up about a week ago and have been using. So far its made feeding / soaking our 3 torts tons easier. Our tort enclosures and food are kept in the bottom of our house so before when it came time to feed, all the food an such had to be hauled upstairs washed, dishes made and then hauled all back down stairs. Soaking, we used plastic tubs that had to be carried to dispose of the water after the torts did their business an such, and about the time I stumbled and got a face full of freshly pooped in tort water I was "Theres gotta be a easier way". I had this old cart out in the garage someone gave me couple years ago that was in pretty bad shape when it was given to me, the top was all messed up and the outside wood was peeling and such but the drawers and storage were nice, plus it had a small sink so I just shoved it in the back of the garage. Well after I got the face full of water I had one of my brainstorms, hauled that old cart inside and did a complete remodel of it. Now it has a faucet with hot/cold water to it plus the sprayer which made food prep much easier but I still was carrying tubs of poopy water, sooooooo lol I made up a soak center that I sit on top of the cart when we are going to soak, fill the tub right from the sprayer and after they do their business I open the valve and the "nice" water drains down into the sink and into the sewer drain, spray the tort and tub down and all done !! So now the little one nor I have to carry stuff upstairs or carry tubs of water everything can be done right there in the tort area, plus with the drawers an storage she can keep her supplies right at hand.
akcsq8.jpg

a4x7yo.jpg

10ggz9u.jpg

2vtcviv.jpg

wjicnb.jpg

jfw6qv.jpg

4vs7y1.jpg

2ijryar.jpg

2vvvo9d.jpg

mjbwhs.jpg

24xhtmr.jpg

jeffbens0n

5 Year Member
Glenmoore, PA
Thats incredible. You really take your time planning these things out and it shows. Your torts are very lucky.

5 Year Member
Ohio
Thank you everyone I think it turned out pretty good and its made things so much easier.

And yep Marty we got a cherryhead not long ago, If you look under Enclosures - New Tort New Enclosure or Lighting change you can see the new enclosure I just built for her !!

B K

5 Year Member
It looks Great Dave.I will be up in your area Monday I can drop of some Mazuri and check out your cart.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
All I can say is, "Wow!"

(I was going to ask you to marry me, but figured it might be in poor taste on a family oriented forum.)

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
Outstanding job! That really looks great and well planned out...

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Wow that's great!! You are very talented.

harris

10 Year Member!
Ohio
That is really, really cool! The perfect soaking station!

5 Year Member
Ohio
B K said:
It looks Great Dave.I will be up in your area Monday I can drop of some Mazuri and check out your cart.

Thank you Bill and Monday works for me ! I'm off work for the next three weeks so I'll more than likely be home all day ya have my cell # give me a ring if ya need directions again.

emysemys said:
All I can say is, "Wow!"

(I was going to ask you to marry me, but figured it might be in poor taste on a family oriented forum.)

LoL emysemys Thank You, and besides I am not married "wink"

ALDABRAMAN said:
Outstanding job! That really looks great and well planned out...

Thank you ALDABRAMAN !!! Its really a hybrid of stuff lol was a science cart in a school originally, the drain that runs thru the tub is actually for a mobile home, doesnt have the hole on the side of the drain pipe for the mechanical drain plug, the drain hose is for a sump pump lol

Thank you everyone, I enjoy building stuff or redoing stuff and my little girl is always right there elbow deep in it with me, she's learned so much in the last few years of stuff we do together that I hope will help her out when she's all grown up. Thank you again !!

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Now that's talent, and it looks so professional. What a lucky little girl to grow up with a Dad like you. Reminds me of me and my Dad, always together doing turtle stuff.

5 Year Member
Ohio
terryo said:
Now that's talent, and it looks so professional. What a lucky little girl to grow up with a Dad like you. Reminds me of me and my Dad, always together doing turtle stuff.

Thank you very much terryo, and I think I'm the lucky one to have a little girl that is so very dedicated in her interests she was the major spark for us to get into the tortoise world (even has her game system alarmed as "Time to feed/soak torts") lol Thank you again terryo !!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Every time I read one of your threads I am amazed and yet sad. Amazed at what a great job you do with making everything and that your daughter is actively participating in it. Then sad or maybe jealous, because I wish I were her or maybe you alright, how about sad that I can't be both of you at the same time? :rolleyes: :p Anytime you get bored, your certainly always welcome over at my house to fix, to remodel, to build away to your heart's content... and don't forget your daughter too. :D

5 Year Member
Ohio
Jacqui said:
Every time I read one of your threads I am amazed and yet sad. Amazed at what a great job you do with making everything and that your daughter is actively participating in it. Then sad or maybe jealous, because I wish I were her or maybe you alright, how about sad that I can't be both of you at the same time? :rolleyes: :p Anytime you get bored, your certainly always welcome over at my house to fix, to remodel, to build away to your heart's content... and don't forget your daughter too. :D

Aweeee Jacqui that is so very sweet of you !!!! Thank you.......
I might have to borrow a magic carpet to get to a land far away but Id come help ya out anytime !!

froghaven5

5 Year Member
New Jersey
Really great Dave. Wish I could be that creative. Great your daughter enjoys it as much as you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.