Out of ideas

Bruce345

Location (City and/or State)
Essex
Hi my name is Bruce 345 , I’m new to this site. I have a Herman tortoise 10 years old who came out of hibernation two weeks ago ( we had to wake her up as she had been asleep just over 4 months) she has failed to eat, we have taken her to the vets who gave us a kick start booster powder to mix in when bathing a week ago but it has made no difference. It was expensive to go and if any one has any tips before we have to go again they would be very much appreciated.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
You will be asked for information on the present conditions you have her in, in her enclosure. Temperatures, humidity, substrate, lights and diet. Then you'll get some good help! Thanks.

Bruce345

Essex
You will be asked for information on the present conditions you have her in, in her enclosure. Temperatures, humidity, substrate, lights and diet. Then you'll get some good help! Thanks.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
The answers to Tammy's post is what we will need, so as soon as we get that, we may be to help you figure it out.
In the mean time, give her warm soaks daily. They can go quite a long time without food but need to stay hydrated.

Bruce345

Essex
The answers to Tammy's post is what we will need, so as soon as we get that, we may be to help you figure it out.
In the mean time, give her warm soaks daily. They can go quite a long time without food but need to stay hydrated.
She is at the moment in her tank with her heat lamp on at 28 degrees. I bath her in warm water twice daily. She does pass a white substance then after that I offer food such as lambs lettuce, thin piece of apple , cucumber or romaine lettuce
She only eats 1 or 2 pieces of the lamb’s lettuce if I’m lucky.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
A 10 year old in a tank? What size tank? She should be in a minimum of a 4x8.
Does she have an outdoor enclosure for warm weather?
What is the basking temps? Should be 95-100F
Over all temp? Should be 75-80F
Night temps?normally 60-65F or room temp but for now trying to keep her up and to eat, don't let it go below 70F
Also be sure the enclosure is brightly lit.
What kind of bulbs and heat sources are you using?
The white substance is urates and should be creamy not gritty.
Stop feeding fruit, they should not have it. Also she needs a much bigger variety of food items other than what you listed.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Bruce, it may seem to you as if we are asking for too much information, when you are super anxious about your pet. But I am asking you just to be a little bit patient and answer the questions as best you can, ok? Also, can you post a few pictures of the tortoise and the enclosure to give us the best possible chance to help? Thanks!