Outdoor Camera Suggestions (livestream vs motion)?

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Los Angeles
Looking at the threads on here, most are old, though there was this thread from last year:

Does anyone have experience with a Blink vs a Nest? Since I'm already on a nest system...

Also interested in something that could livestream (tho I know it would likely need a dedicated computer for it). Does anyone have any experience with that?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I have blink cameras. They work on motion but I can also do a live view. Mine are wireless and work quite a distance away from the indoor hub.(can't remember what it's called)
I would recommend but I have no experience with any others.
If you already have Nest, you would probably be better off working with that.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
I have blink cameras. They work on motion but I can also do a live view. Mine are wireless and work quite a distance away from the indoor hub.(can't remember what it's called)
I would recommend but I have no experience with any others.
If you already have Nest, you would probably be better off working with that.

We have BLINK cameras as well - all over the place. So easy to install and to monitor. No monthly charges. The system is very useful, can be easily “armed” or “unarmed” and can even set activity zones within a zone (ignore here, focus here).

Ps - here’s the info on the storage module.

➡️ Save videos and photos from up to 10 Blink cameras connected to the Blink Sync Module 2 locally in your home and view them for no additional fee.

View from the front door camera.

01A3FDBA-2A1F-42FA-B8FF-7AD96BDD1CA5.jpeg

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Los Angeles
We have BLINK cameras as well - all over the place. So easy to install and to monitor. No monthly charges. The system is very useful, can be easily “armed” or “unarmed” and can even set activity zones within a zone (ignore here, focus here).

Ps - here’s the info on the storage module.

➡️ Save videos and photos from up to 10 Blink cameras connected to the Blink Sync Module 2 locally in your home and view them for no additional fee.

View from the front door camera.

View attachment 355932
How would you compare to nest?

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
I happened to have an extra cam that I had yet to install. From sealed box to pix on my iPad - 5 mins. I put some mealy worms out for our Bluebirds & wanted to watch up close.

9FB3DF54-30C0-4A86-9553-3973A8B16536.jpeg