Outdoor enclosure advice.

Antoni

Hello everyone these are my leos the biggest on is cilantro, mid size is wasabi and the smallest one is ginger.
upload_2018-5-23_21-36-56.jpeg
That’s them on their additional meal. They seem to eat alot randomly and would have to add something after i get home from work. Anyway. Im thinking of preparing my outdoor enclosure for when they are bigger and even for the summer (assuming california decides to give me sun) i want to make it similar to this.

8734fba2acc11a8d494949e428320be2.jpg

Of course planting weeds and plants they can freely eat. I know they’re still small so i would still bring them in at night for now. I would add more hides, succulents maybe even bermuda patch? My problem is, i sometimes see a predator bird in my area. Not sure if its a falcon or a hawk, regardless they are dangerous. Ive seen it kill a pigeon at my house and watch the pigeon fall in my backyard. I wanna put something like a net or metal net, but it looks kinda tacky, any suggestions? Also as far as any other suggestions to the enclosure itself. Thanks in advance. I live in LA i know that helps.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Now they are too small to learn live outside all day. They should only go out for about an hour or so. Tom suggest an hour per inch of tort. They need to stay in a closed chamber for most of the day.
That enclosure will be way too small for 3 of them at approximately 2-3 years old. They may also need to be separated depending on the sex ration. Also if you have predators you will have to cover it for hatchling size. There is really no nice looking way.

Antoni

Now they are too small to learn live outside all day. They should only go out for about an hour or so. Tom suggest an hour per inch of tort. They need to stay in a closed chamber for most of the day.
That enclosure will be way too small for 3 of them at approximately 2-3 years old. They may also need to be separated depending on the sex ration. Also if you have predators you will have to cover it for hatchling size. There is really no nice looking way.
I hear ya. And yea im aware of when they could actually stay outside, also they are still small so ill expand when necessary. As for the gender, we will have to wait and see for that one. I just wnated to provide them a bigger walkig area than the tort table. And if i could start on this now while they’re small the better. I guess protection over cosmetic lol