Outdoor house weather stripping doorway

Subersibo

10 Year Member!
Anyone know where I can buy vinyl weather stripping? Gonna use it for a nightbox I'm having built for my leopard. Need it for the doorway. I saw some on the home depot website but seems like they sell it by the roll but I only need about one cubic feet.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kingman, Arizona
Check (by phone) for places that sell carpet protection runners. Typically you pay by the foot. Sometimes it's hard to find smooth without the points on the backside, but it can be found. Heckfire, that's what I use.

Subersibo

10 Year Member!
I'll look into that, thanks!
I saw one on ebay 12" x 24" (80 mil) for about $20 something. It's advertised as vinyl strip/dog door.
Does it really cost that much?

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
I'll look into that, thanks! Does it really cost that much?
Mine was something like $2.50 per/ft. It's difficult to find without the small pyramids on the underside designed to keep it in place on your carpet, but it can be found. I mount the upper edge on a strip of wood using those heavy duty staples, then I cut from the bottom up into strips about 3-4" wide and attach to the inside of the house by screwing the wood to the main structure. This works well for me and my sulcata hot house here in the PNW. Questions? Ask/learn… then you'll be helping others soon yourself.

theguy67

10 Year Member!
You can always check the craft section in Walmart, or go to a craft store. I've purchased vinyl there, amongst the cloth display (on the rolls). I paid like $3.00 per foot, which the roll was 3 feet wide. I believe they have different thicknesses too. This is the stuff they use for table tops, or counters. I'm not too sure how it will hold up in the weather though. It was also smooth on both sides.

Subersibo

10 Year Member!
That is even better!
BTW, have your leos been living outdoors 24/7 ever since you built your insulated night box? Even during winter?
How has their growth been since then? Still smooth and did the growing slow down as compared when kept indoors in a closed chamber?
I'm thinking of dismantling Yoshi's indoor enclosure if he's gonna live outside permanently. It'll be nice to have that extra space in the house.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
Yes, only living outdoors...No more indoors at all! I keep it humid in the tort house so growth is still pretty good.

Subersibo

10 Year Member!
Thanks for all the replies! You guys have been very helpful as always.