Outside:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Calif.
So i think i may keep my mt. tortoises outside most the week this week. The temps are suppose to get to about 59 (low) and 70-75 (high) Then tomorrow suppose to be in the low 60s for the low, i was wondering if that would all be fine. I think tonight is the true test, but they do hang out in the cave a bunch i just hope they dont get to cold... think i should keep them out and do you think they will be fine?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
They are actually pretty cold hardy. Yours are babies, so I would keep them in if it gets below 55, but remember, the earth doesn't lose its warmth very quickly. The ambient temp might be 55, but inside their hide will probably be warmer. Especially if you have something like straw or moss for them to burrow into. They should be ok with those temps you listed.

Yvonne

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
Thanks for the quick reply and reinsurance, lol.. I'm just worried for my babies, lol. I do have most and soil mix, and it has brick sides, and have a thermometer to keep an eye on the temps. inside the hide. THey are all digging in and ready to sleep for the night, Tomorrow I guess i will check them see if they are all out in the moring basking or walking around.

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
They been out for 2 days and nights. So far so good. They show no signs of being ill, Eyes are still wide open and still eating a lot. I guess they are fine when the temps are dropping in the 57,58,59 range. Going to keep them out a little longer, maybe till the temps drop who knows, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.