No power

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Ga
So we had a heck of a storm here a little while ago and lost power. When I called they are saying service won't be restored till 8am tomorrow. It's nighttime here and it's currently 76F in my RF'S enclosure and falling, and 69f outside. Its suppose to hit 67f tonight for the low and I have no way to heat my room or torts enclosure. One night this cool should be fine right? Is there anything I can do? Suggestions?

daniellenc

Maryland
How is it colder in Georgia? It’s in the 80’s here. Do you have a generator by any chance or a neighbor with one?

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Not sure but no generator.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-06-01-21-54-10.png
    Screenshot_2018-06-01-21-54-10.png
    116.7 KB · Views: 12

daniellenc

Maryland
I wish I had great answers. For snakes we use water bladders or water bottles with hot water and stick it in their hide. They coil around it which provides the belly heat they need. But you have to replace every 30-60 hour minutes. Torts don’t require belly heat and probably won’t snuggle with it like a snake but maybe several hot water bottles all over the cage will help raise the ambient temps?

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
I chuckled! I'm thinking maybe I can move him into the bathroom and run some hot water in the shower every so often. Guess it's an all nighter.

daniellenc

Maryland
He’d probably be fine. My daughter accidentally turned off my guys CHE in the middle of winter and I didn’t notice until the next morning. He was fine!

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
The temp I'm his enclosure has heldaround 74f since this post. I think your right. I'm just a worry wort with my tort.

daniellenc

Maryland
And if you have a warmer area of the house you could move him there but 74 is fine for one night.