Over Population

AZTorts

Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
This is the reality of people breeding too many animals for the number of good homes available. Not just dogs and cats, all animals are being exploited to prophet people and it's the animals who suffer and pay the ultimate price.

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Beaumont, CA.
Personally, I agree!
The Los Angeles County Animal Shelters have a 90% kill rate. I wish it was 50%.
It's a disposable world.
Heartbreaking!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I couldn't watch much of the vid. They hit my heart just too badly, I'm typing through the tears. It's just so sad. I could easily dispose of the people that do that job and those that give up an animal to,places like that. This is one reason I believe in making breeders pay for a yearly license, a large fee license and an even bigger fine if you breed without a license. At least it would stop the back yard breeders or oops litters.​

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Beaumont, CA.
I couldn't watch much of the vid. They hit my heart just too badly, I'm typing through the tears. It's just so sad. I could easily dispose of the people that do that job and those that give up an animal to,places like that. This is one reason I believe in making breeders pay for a yearly license, a large fee license and an even bigger fine if you breed without a license. At least it would stop the back yard breeders or oops litters.​

I agree! That sad black dog was rescued :)

AZTorts

Arizona
I agree! That sad black dog was rescued :)

That black dog could be the "poster child" for dog rescue. I've met some people online who are dog rescuers. They work so hard to save as many as they can but there are just not enough homes for all of them. The lame excuses people have for giving up their animals makes me sick inside. Just following along online watching some of the attempts to rescue dogs off the "e-list" aka "kill list" or strays on the streets has kept me in tears at times for days. The pictures of the dogs, their hopeful, pleading eyes haunt me. People need to know the reality of their actions, of their irresponsible behavior when it comes to their animals. The rescuers are nothing short of heroes.