pancake egg

Status
Not open for further replies.

african cake queen

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
ct.usa
hi everyone, well, my pancake egg is 168 days old now. this little stinker is holding tight.my question is... if my egg was no good, would it have sunken in or exploded yet? if it hatches i will call it rip vanwrinkle. lindy

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
Have you candled the egg at all? It wouldn't have sunken in, but some times they lose weight, some times they explode and some times they just go bad.

Danny

african cake queen

5 Year Member
ct.usa
egyptiandan said:
Have you candled the egg at all? It wouldn't have sunken in, but some times they lose weight, some times they explode and some times they just go bad.
I USED A FLASHLITE, I CAN SEE CLEAR ON LEFTAND YOLK WITH A SPOT IN CENTER. THATS IT. I WISH IT WOULD HATCH OR EXPLODE. THE EGG ITSELF DOESNT SMELL. LINDY
Danny

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
Might as well keep going with it. Give it till 200 days. :)

Danny

african cake queen

5 Year Member
ct.usa
egyptiandan said:
Might as well keep going with it. Give it till 200 days. :)

Danny

you know the egg is heavier now than before. lindy thanks for you help. your nice!

johanna

5 Year Member
Fargo, ND
In my experience with reptile eggs, they eventually sink in, or turn color when they are dead. My live ones are white and get larger. I've never had a rotten one.

african cake queen

5 Year Member
ct.usa
johanna said:
In my experience with reptile eggs, they eventually sink in, or turn color when they are dead. My live ones are white and get larger. I've never had a rotten one.

AND HOW LONG DID THAT TAKE TO SINK IN? AND WHAT COLOR DID IT TURN? THIS IS MY FIRST EGG. THANKS LINY

johanna

5 Year Member
Fargo, ND
They start to just dry up and look all wrinkly and the time span varies. Sometimes early and sometimes after a super long time. The color they turn is kind of tan. Sometimes greyish or with a hint of orange. A good egg has never changed color for me.
I usually just keep them around till they wrinkle. Then I cut open to see if it was ever viable. So many times I have incubated an unfertilized egg for a couple months. I think they stay looking viable because the shell still allows water in.

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
Bad tortoise eggs can change color, but not always. They can also smell, which they usually do at some point in time if gone bad. They don't though sink in as they are hard shelled and it's impossible for them to sink in.
Oh I've had some very funky looking snake eggs hatch, which I've never had happen with a turtle egg. :p

Danny

Status
Not open for further replies.