Pancakes outdoors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Napalmseth

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Coral Springs, FL.
I live on the east coast of South Florida and am about to move my Pancake pair out to a screened in patio. I was wondering if this is ok for them. I know the summer heat is closer to their native habitat, but was a bit worried about the humidity. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

african cake queen

5 Year Member
ct.usa
RE: Pamcakes outdoors.

Napalmseth said:
I live on the east coast of South Florida and am about to move my Pancake pair out to a screened in patio. I was wondering if this is ok for them. I know the summer heat is closer to their native habitat, but was a bit worried about the humidity. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

hi, i have pancakes and i have seem the outside at a florida zoo. i think you should be okay. good luck , lindy

EricIvins

5 Year Member

Napalmseth said:

What about humidity? They need high humidity or they don't do well.......

Guggie

10 Year Member!
Vernon Hills, IL

Reading the title of the thread carefully, I thought you had a female Pancake named "Pamcakes." I thought that was the best name I've heard in a long time. :D

Not that Bonnie and Clyde aren't cute also.... :p

Napalmseth

5 Year Member
Coral Springs, FL.

So, I finally put my pancakes outside yesterday in their box. I was a bit nervoous because it started raining,hard. I went outside in the rain to check on them. they were both out of their bark covering =. My female was sprawled out soaking in the rain and sun and my male was in the water bowl drinking away. They NEVER come out. They seem soooooo much happier and it's only been a day so far.

african cake queen

5 Year Member
ct.usa

HI, WATCH OUT FOR RED ANTS. HATE THOSE LITTLE BUGGERS. I HAVE SEEN PANCAKES AT HE MIAMI ZOO. I BELIVE THEY DO HAVE A WEB SITE. GOOD LUCK. LINDY

Napalmseth

5 Year Member
Coral Springs, FL.
Need a little help with outdoor substrate. They are in a comfy covered tortoise bog and love it, but when it gets a little damp it tends to mold. Any suggestions would help.

Status
Not open for further replies.