10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Alhambra, CA
This is Dale's and Ruby's first encounter with each other

DSC00432.jpg

DSC00435.jpg

This is Dale smelling Ruby

DSC00431.jpg

And this is proud Noah. He says Ruby is his tortoise and he's been feeding and taking care of her so that's fine with me. This one really lets you see how little she is

DSC00417.jpg

And here's three of Ruby on the run

DSC00418.jpg

DSC00419.jpg

DSC00427.jpg

This is one of my favorite pictures of Ruby, she's got the biggest eyes

DSC00438.jpg

And one more

DSC00441.jpg

I hope you enjoyed seeing Ruby and Dale. :p

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Great pics. I want a redfoot!!!!

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Those are just toooooo cute!

They look so purposeful, like they're on a mission...:cool:

If Ruby has good judgment, she will put Dale at the top of her list. He really has the most striking cherryhead face I have seen on this forum.;)

Your "favorite" made me laugh. Ruby has herself all stretched out and posed like a thoroughbred showing off her confirmation! :p

Thanks for the photos! And thanks, Noah, for establishing yourself as the caretaker of your sweet little charge! I hope you enjoy her. :D

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
We finally get to see them together. Ruby looks so small next to Dale. Imagine if she turns out to be a female, and we get to see little Ruby's and Dale's in the future. What beauties they will be!

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Thanks I think they are adorable myself. :D Thank you for the compliment on Dale I too think he is a very good looking Cherryhead. He does have a lot of red. I'm hoping Ruby will get some more red on the top of her head like Dale has, but I don't know how that works. Noah is doing quite well at taking care of her. Of course I help because after all he is only 10 years old and she's only a baby. I love to watch her explore her enclosure, she comes out and walks around quite a bit. Anyway thanks again I'm glad that you liked the pictures. ;)

Thank you Terry. It would be wonderful if she turns out to be a female. I wasn't sure if I wanted to get another one, but I love having two of them. :D

R

rickyjones09

wow, they are looking so cute and sweet, you see most of the people especially other family members are afraid initially but in the end they would convinced to keep them all.

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Aww Candy, Ruby is adorable :D She is just sooo cute, I love her eyes and I love the expression on her face, she looks really smart :D. I did not know she was sooo little :). They are so cute together, Dale is a real cutie as usual, it seems like he is very interesting in knowing "Who is this little tortoise that everyone here call Ruby". Your son Noah looks very proud to be with "his tortoise" Sooo cute.

Madortoise

5 Year Member
Candy, congratulations.
Ruby is beautiful and Dale looks very interested!

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Thanks Jordan. Ruby just had her breakfast and Dale's eating his now. She is a little piggy thank goodness. We just love to watch her eat and walk around her enclosure. She's doing great. :D

sammi

10 Year Member!
San Diego, CA
Awww they're both so cute! I can't believe Dale is so BIG! Ruby looks so small compared to him :p Funny, he looked more interested in Ruby than his breakfast!

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Ruby really does have the most gorgeous big eyes! What a pretty little girl :) I can't get over how tiny and cute she is :D
And of course Dale is extremely handsome, as usual!!

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Thank you Katie we think so too. I put some plants in Ruby's enclosure today, but have to take them out because she thought that they were food and was going to eat them. :(

vickyb

5 Year Member
These are great pictures. After seeing these, I have a question: Is it ok for me to get her our of her viv? I was told to leave her alone for a bit.... how long is that? I would really like to have her roam around a little

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
In my opinion, no tortoise should be allowed to roam around a bit. They belong first of all outside, and secondly, if outside isn't possible, in their habitat. Besides the floor being too cold for a cold-blooded animal, there are too many things to get into trouble with or to eat on the floor. I'm sure those pictures were just posed for the camera. Candy's tortoises live in their tort tables.

Status
Not open for further replies.