picky eaters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

John

5 Year Member
i have three loepards all hatchlings the youngest is blonde and will only eat some foods while the others will eat anything i offer anyone can tell me how too break the pikyness thank you john

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
One way to get a more varied diet into a picky eater is to chop up the favorite food into very tiny pieces. I mean, VERY TINY. Then mix in a bit of something else, also chopped small. You just add a small amount of the un-wanted food item to the wanted food item, gradually increasing the amount over time. It may take months. And you may have to back off a bit if the tortoise won't eat it.

John

5 Year Member
emysemys said:
One way to get a more varied diet into a picky eater is to chop up the favorite food into very tiny pieces. I mean, VERY TINY. Then mix in a bit of something else, also chopped small. You just add a small amount of the un-wanted food item to the wanted food item, gradually increasing the amount over time. It may take months. And you may have to back off a bit if the tortoise won't eat it.

thank you for the response thats what ive read but as we all know in the reptile world nothings written in stone and experience greatly overshadows publications

terracolson

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Sacramento
emysemys said:

I agree

Status
Not open for further replies.