young tort closes eyes a lot and calcium question

Status
Not open for further replies.

dar64

5 Year Member
One of my young leopard torts closes his eyes more than the others three. It is a blonde tort. It opens his eyes when eating soaking etc. Is this common. He's around 4 or 5 months old

Does anyone use a spray liquid calcium (zilla?) sprayed on veggies once or twice a week. they don't eat the cuttlebone yet.

thank you

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
What sort of heating and lighting equipment are you using? Any UV bulbs?

How about substrate?

dar64

5 Year Member
I have trouble posting pictures with Picassa. My little ones spend the day outside in a safe enclosure on grass so I stopped UV lighting and only use a regular light bulb for heat lamp during the time they are inside. I turn it on first thing in the morning and off at 9 PM. They come in the house around 5:30 I'm in Arizona.

They are on organic peat. I did have timothy on top according to breeder but took that off. The humidity is usually around 40-50 %

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Possibly too dry. Have you read Toms threads on raising leopards healthy and smooth? You need to. It is the last thread below in my post. The humidity needs to be 80 with temps not lower then 80. Get there inside enclosure according to Toms thread and that should help a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.