Plants For Russian Enclosure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarissaRelf

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Oregon
So I'm in the process of building a large outdoor enclosure for my Russian (10x3x2) and I was wondering what plants to plant. I've been on the plant database but the pictures aren't very helpful for me; I need names. I have sedge grass and am planning on getting aloe vera, spider plant and Christmas cactus. I have also ordered the seed mix from TortoiseSupply.com but there will be a separate area for that to grow with a removable divider when it has grown. I am out of ideas for other plants and was hoping I could get some help. Thanks :)

jjsull33

5 Year Member
Denver, Colorado
Clover, Chia, dandelion, chicory, plantain (not the banana like fruit the weed plantago), and turnip greens are all growing in my Russian pens. Aloe, various lettuce, and spider plants are also options.

I use the list of plants on www.russiantortoise.net

LolaMyLove

10 Year Member!
Walnut Creek, Ca
I have fescue (Festuca pratensis ), wild strawberry, aloe, Russian seed mix from Carolina's Pet Supply, poppy's and sweet potato greens (Ipomoea batatas). I can tell you his favorite by far is the sweet potato greens.

jjsull33

5 Year Member
Denver, Colorado
I also got my seeds from Carolina pet supply, but I don't like grass for my Russians, they don't eat it so I bought all the other seeds in their mix individually and mixed together on my own.

Status
Not open for further replies.