Plants in enclosure

Location (City and/or State)
Michigan
Hey! I’m currently working on updating my torts enclosure (in case you don’t know I have a 1.5 y/o leopard) and I know that prayer plants, spider plants, and Africam violets are good but are there any others and which one is the heartiest? (I’m not very good at taking care of plants?)

FrankIinTheTortoise

Earth
Hey! I’m currently working on updating my torts enclosure (in case you don’t know I have a 1.5 y/o leopard) and I know that prayer plants, spider plants, and Africam violets are good but are there any others and which one is the heartiest? (I’m not very good at taking care of plants?)

Definitely pathos. @Blackdog1714 was just telling me how much his leopard loves them.

Mrs.Jennifer

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Norwich CT

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
Hey, quick question. Will Queen Marbled pothos be good? I bought it but wanted to make sure it was safe before I put it in.

It's a safe plant, but if bought commercially, it's loaded with chemicals.

First, you want to remove the plant from the pot you bought it in, rinse it thoroughly, including roots, in water. Then repot it with new soil.

I waited to put the pothos in the enclosure, and just let it grow for a bit. When it added new growth to a vine, I snipped it off at the end away from the main plant and repotted it in a new pot. I did this until I had 4 or 5 new growth vines in the new pot. Then the new plant went into the enclosure.

The original store bought plant needs to wait a year before it goes into an enclosure.

Michigan

First, you want to remove the plant from the pot you bought it in, rinse it thoroughly, including roots, in water. Then repot it with new soil.

I waited to put the pothos in the enclosure, and just let it grow for a bit. When it added new growth to a vine, I snipped it off at the end away from the main plant and repotted it in a new pot. I did this until I had 4 or 5 new growth vines in the new pot. Then the new plant went into the enclosure.

The original store bought plant needs to wait a year before it goes into an enclosure.
Thanks, this is really helpful!

Michigan

Where could i get pothos that is safe for my tortoise already? I got mine at the local plant nursery.

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
Where could i get pothos that is safe for my tortoise already? I got mine at the local plant nursery.

I don't think it's possible to buy one that's totally safe. Plain fertilizer is OK. It's weed killer and pesticide that you need to ask the nursery about.

At the very least, repot it into new soil after rinsing the plant and roots with water.