Please help me find my turtle!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emmawedige

5 Year Member
Help me find my Russian Tourtoise!! His name is Otto and he is 5-7 inches long. I really need to find him!! We were outside and noticed he was missing and I think he dissapeared into our large flower garden area. We also have a large back yard. Any suggestions?? Please help!!

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Las Vegas, NV
Hello and welcome to the forum...

Try putting out his favorite food and see if that will work in getting him to come out of hiding..

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
go out early in the morning and look where the sun is hitting first thing...
and work on building a escape proof enclosure!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
So sorry:( All I can tell you is keep checking. Look under everything, even any loose sod. Maybe, if you don't find him today, first thing tomorrow, when the sun comes out, watch for him to come out and warm up under the sun. Check any fencing to see if you find a place he might have gotten out into a neighbors yard and check there.
Good luck. I really hope you find him. I think if you just keep looking he'll show up.

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
Get down on your hands and knees and CRAWL. Dig and reach under all the plants and into any crevices in your yard. Also check neighboring yards. Put up flyers and post on craigslist, call local petshops and vets, and put an ad in the paper.

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
It is absolutely AMAZING how often tortoises lost in a yard turn up days- even YEARS later- within a few yards of where they got out.

The thing is-
- it probably did not go far
- they hide better than you think- in places smaller than you think they will fit (in fact, that is their preferred hiding place!)

So, like Kristina said- go to hands and knees and carefully check anyplace your hand will fit. Start close to the pen and be systematic.

Be sure to tell your neighbors so they help you look for him in case it went in their yards!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Emmawedgie:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

SailingMystic

5 Year Member
Chester County, PA
Look in the flower bed area first and fast. They will borrow deep!! See if you can spot a trail or an area that looks dug up. They are fast. If you have trees it may have headed for the trees....woods. Be still and explore thoroughly!

pam

5 Year Member
Minnesota
Welcome hope you find your turtle soon

Status
Not open for further replies.