Not open for further replies.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
It seems to be time to remind everyone about the "rules" for answering ads in the "For Sale" section.

If you want to respond to an ad in the For Sale section, you must do so either through
the PM system, or send an email. All posts answering ads will be, and have been, deleted.

joejvigil

5 Year Member
Why is it a big deal to respond? Just curious... Seems like a silly rule. People are only going to check that thread if they are interested in what's being posted. I am not a super frequent forum member, but when I do check it out it feels like there a million rules. Responding in a thread seems perfectly appropriate in a forum setting as long as its on topic. I mean isn't that what forums were designed for?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
It keeps the ad clean from any misconceptions. When there is a lot of commentary below the ad it gets confusing.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
I, too wondered why that rule was in place.

I have the PM and email options disabled so sometimes I wish I could ask a question or 2 on the direct threads.

But thanks for the reminder.

kbaker

5 Year Member
Michigan
To be more direct...some posters are not nice with what they say and it can really get out of hand.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
If you personally, don't have PM or email ability, then you can ask a moderator to contact the seller for you. But not in the For Sale thread. Maybe in the Help thread.

If the seller has their PM and email disabled, then, oh well. It is to their benefit to make sure these things are working before placing an ad.

kanalomele

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
East Bay area
A seller should always leave their contact information in the original post. If they do not choose for it to be through the forum then so be it. But inserting their contact method of choice would be wise so that interested parties can get ahold of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.