Poop...

Status
Not open for further replies.

sakkakth

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
norrath
So my tort has gotten in the habit (or at least I assume it's a habit) of not pooping unless I take him out of his home.

I won't see any poop for a week, then I'll take him out for his weekend walk in the park and instantly once he's on the grass he poops. I can take him out for 3 days straight and he'll poop each of those days... But he doesn't go if I don't take him out...

Is this normal? I assume he's not gonna let himself explode...heh. He eats every days and soaks himself. Nothing seems wrong with him at all, just wondering if this is just some weird little quirk of his?

purpod

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Ventura County, CA
Do you ever take your tort to the sink or tub to give him a warm soak? My two leopards always 'go' when they get a warm water soak {as opposed to the cold water dish}..

lol, Kinda funny tho that he waits on you ~ rather like a dawg ~
What kind of tort do you have?

Blessings,
Purpod

sakkakth

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
norrath
purpod said:
Do you ever take your tort to the sink or tub to give him a warm soak? My two leopards always 'go' when they get a warm water soak {as opposed to the cold water dish}..

lol, Kinda funny tho that he waits on you ~ rather like a dawg ~
What kind of tort do you have?

Blessings,
Purpod

So I used to do the soaking thing every other day and occasionally he'd go in there... But I noticed him sitting in his water bowl himself so I stopped soaking him since he seems to do it when he wants. And since he doesn't seem to have any issue going, cause it's pretty instant once he's out of his home, soaking doesn't seem necessary... seems more like a choice he's making...

He's a Greek, I think around a year old.

sakkakth

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
norrath
So I'm guessing this isn't something I should be concerned with?

K9KidsLove

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Hi...No, you need not worry. You should be thankful he is helping to keep his enclosure clean! Most torts don't poop every day.
Good luck
Patsy

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
Man, I wish my Sulcatas were "most torts," lol....

I get giant tootsie rolls multiple times a day! At only 12" Ella already poops more than my dog...

Kristina

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
My tort seems to poop and pee on his slate stone while eating. I've only ever found poop in one other part of his enclosure, a part I've never seen him in so he might have gone over there just to poop those couple times. He's never pooped in his bath. He did poop at the vet's though--they got a very fresh sample for his parasite test!

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
I may have a weirdo too! *knock on wood* I've had Nigel out and about a few times, and he's never went. However, he doesn't hesitate to go where ever he feels like he should in his habitat!

Status
Not open for further replies.