Poopy habits?

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
OH, USA
I've recently noticed that my sliders 'like' to eat their poop? I feed them every day, and if they eat it all, they always get more. I make sure everyone gets some. They get meat additions, and vegetables four times a week. They regularly eat their cuttle bone... Are they missing something?

joeyacad

Sometimes turtles just eat poop haha can't really do anything to stop it that's just one of those wild instinct things. The only thing I can think of is if they have worms or any parasites in their poop and they are eating those.

yillt

Sometimes turtles just eat poop haha can't really do anything to stop it that's just one of those wild instinct things. The only thing I can think of is if they have worms or any parasites in their poop and they are eating those.
My tortoise does it to. It's disgusting. I feed him all the time though.

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
I don't think they do. My two females just went to vet recently, and nothing showed up :)

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
My tortoise does it to. It's disgusting. I feed him all the time though.
I've never seen my tortoises doing it o_O
It is kinda gross, and I can't imagine they actually like to eat it!